Relaxation of Facial Lines and Wrinkles
Both BOTOX & DYSPORT when used appropriately are one of the safest and most effective treatments for relaxation of facial lines and wrinkles. When injected into certain facial muscles they relax these muscles, thus smoothing out the wrinkles. This relaxation typically lasts 3-6 months.
The results are quick. There are months of improved appearance. There is no recovery time & minimal discomfort. More important is the fact that they prevent worsening of wrinkles. Your BOTOX or DYSPORT treatment will be individually designed with your needs in mind. Dr. Mann believes in customizing each patient’s treatment.
- Frown lines
- Crow’s feet
- Forehead wrinkles
- Upper lip lines
- Gummy smile
- Downturned mouth
- Neck bands
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Migraine Headaches
Generally, the effects of BOTOX/DYSPORT on wrinkles and migraines appear in about one week and last 3 to 6 months, depending on the individual. Improvement in excessive sweating often lasts 6 months. The amount of BOTOX/DYSPORT used is determined by the location of the wrinkles, strength of the muscles, and your previous results with BOTOX/DYSPORT.
There is a relatively low incidence of side effects, all of which are temporary. These include: swelling, redness, bruising, bleeding, infection, sleepiness, and dry mouth. Rarely, primarily with very large doses, BOTOX/DYSPORT can spread to other areas of the body. Other effects seen are:
- Lid Ptosis (drooping of the eyelid.) The incidence of this is extremely small. If it occurs, it typically resolves in 2-4 weeks.
- Brow Ptosis (lowering of the eyebrow.) This can occasionally occur after forehead treatments in patients who normally have low-set brows and unknowingly use their forehead muscles to hold up their brows. If this has ever occurred, let us know and we can customize your treatment so that it can be avoided in the future.
- A headache can sometimes occur due to the injection itself, not the BOTOX/DYSPORT. It may last for 2-3 hours, rarely for several days. Tylenol or Advil can be taken after your treatment if this occurs.
BOTOX /DYSPORT:Post-treatment Instructions
- Avoid rubbing the area for 4 hours after your treatment.
- Try to contract (move) the treated muscles as much as possible for 90 minutes after your treatment. This will increase the absorption of BOTOX/DYSPORT into your muscles.
- BOTOX/DYSPORT results appear between 2-14 days after treatment. Until we know your “perfect” dose, more BOTOX/DYSPORT may be needed several weeks after treatment for optimal results. Wait 2 weeks before returning for a touch-up.